Family of Antonino Roppolo (Overview)
The Family of Antonino Roppolo (1842-1923)
(Antonino was the father of Bess DiGerolamo)
Antonino Roppolo had 3 children with extensive families here in the US.... Giovanni (John Tony) Roppolo with his first wife (Anna Guarisco) and Maria (Mary) Roppolo and Sebastiana (Bessie) Roppolo with his second wife (Giovanna Citta'). Bessie was my grandmother and Antonino Roppolo/Giovanna Citta' my great-grandparents.
The DiPuma, Roppolo and Domino Family trees should also be considered as part of the DiGerolamo genealogy.
Antonino Roppolo (bap. 11-1-1842, Poggioreale - 1-8-1923, Waco, Tx wed Anna Guarisco (dec. pre-1873, Poggioreale) in 1870, Poggioreale. She was the daughter of Ignazio Guarisco and Antonina Catalano. He wed Giovanna Citta` (10-26-1837, Roccamena - c.1915-18, Highbank, TX) on 2-22-1873, Roccamena. Witnesses: Maestro Paolino Virgadamo and Maestro Giuseppe Borsellino. She was the daughter of Filippo Citta` and Maria Cascio, and the widow of Natale Todaro. Both widowed Antonino and Giovanna were second cousins to one another.
"Papa Tony" was listed variously as: "agricolo" (farmer), "borgese" (yeoman) and "farm laborer". He died of a heart attack and found dead in a watermelon patch. He was buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Waco, Tx (no tombstone). Giovannas death record has not been found, but she likely died while the family was living at Highbank, TX.
Family of John Roppolo (taken in Louisiana circa 1905)
Rear: Rosalie and John Roppolo
Seated: Antonino and Giovanna Roppolo (John's parents) & John's children (left to right) -Anthony, Josephine, (the first) Anna, and Lena
Bessie DiGerolamo & Mary Domino (sisters)
- Antonino (Tony) Roppolo (1842-1923)
- Anna Guarisco Roppolo (1st wife)
- Giovanna Citta' Roppolo (1837-XXXX) (2nd wife)
A. Giovanni (John Tony) Roppolo (3-6-1873, Poggioreale, Trapani Province - 12-17-1947, Waco, Tx wed Rosalia (Rosalie) Apicella (3-19-1878, Poggioreale - 6-24-1952, Waco, Tx in 1894, Poggioreale. She was the daughter of Paolo Apicella. Giovanni, Rosalia and daughter Anna arrived to New Orleans aboard the S.S. Clive on 11-4-1896. John died of heart disease. Rosalie died of a heart attack. Buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Waco, Tx.
1. Anna Roppolo (c.1895, Poggioreale - 1911-15, La)
2. Lena (bap. Antonina) Roppolo (9-28-1897, Plaquemine, La - 4-16-1968, LaFeria, Tx)
3. Anthony John "A.J." Roppolo (3-13-1900, bap. Lebeau, La - 9-30-1974, Waco, Tx)
4. Josephine Roppolo (12-22-1902, La - 1-31-1978, Waco, Tx)
5. Jennie Roppolo (8-22-1904, La - 3-11-1985, Waco, Tx)
6. Mary Roppolo (1-29-1908, La - 11-7-1965, Waco, Tx)
7. (twin) girl Roppolo (1-29-1908, La - d-in-inf)
8. Paul Roppolo (3-6-1911, Donaldsonville, La - 5-26-1946, Waco, Tx)
9. Joseph Roppolo (9-17-1913, Donaldsonville, La - pre-May 1918)
10. Anna Roppolo (3-10-1915, Highbank, Tx - 3-15-1969, Daly City, Ca)
11. Joseph Louis Roppolo (4-16-1918, Waco, Tx - 4-7-1965, Waco, Tx)
B. Maria (Mary) Roppolo (12-25-1875, Poggioreale - 2-19-1942, Rockford, Il) wed Giuseppe Domina (Joseph Domino) (1-17-1869, Roccamena - 7-12-1939, Rockford, Il) on 2-25-1895, Roccamena. He was the son of Francesco Domina and Francesca Campisi.
1. Francesco Domina (Frank J. Domino) (5-21-1894, Roccamena - 10-9-1930, Rockford, Il)
2. Antonino Domina (Anthony Domino) (5-25-1896, Roccamena - 7-19-1978, Rockford, Il)
3. Francesca Domina (Frances Domino) (11-20-1897, Roccamena - pre-4-25-1901, La)
4. John Joseph Domino (9-26-1899, La - 8-13-1977, Tucson, Az)
5. Frances Mildred Domino (4-25-1901, Bayou Current, La - 12-25-1989, Miami, Az)
6. Jennie (bap. Joana) Marie Domino (10-3-1903, Bayou Current, La - 8-30-1997, Rockford, Il)
7. Margaret Mary Domino (12-27-1904, Bayou Current, La - 9-28-1964, Rockford, Il)
8. Mary Jane Domino (4-24-1906, Bayou Current, La - 9-18-1999, Rockford, Il)
9. Anne (bap. Anna) Emily Domino (9-12-1907, Bayou Current, La - 5-7-1967, Rockford, Il)
10. Peter John Domino (12-18-1908, Bayou Current, La - 8-26-1995, Rockford, Il)
11. Catherine Gertrude Domino (11-4-1910, Plaquemine, La - 6-15-2005, Rockford, Il)
12. Sebastian "Buster" John Domino (9-1-1918, Rockford, Il - 7-11-1981, Rockford, Il)
Sebastiana (Bessie) Roppolo (10-7-1881, Roccamena - 9-21-1954, Baton Rouge, La) wed Francesco (Frank) DiGerolamo (11-17-1875, Salaparuta, Trapani Province - 1-21-1940, Baton Rouge, La) on 1-6-1901 in Iberville Parish, La. He was the son of Calogero DiGirolamo and Rosa Scavo. Frank and Bessie were godparents to Giovanna Caleca on 2-4-1901, Lebeau, La.
1. Carl D. Gerolamo (bap. Calogero DiGerolamo) (11-10-1901, bap. Lebeau, La - 1-4-1971, Westminster, CA)
2. Anthony J. DGerolamo (2-7-1903, Lebeau, La - 10-18-1988, Baton Rouge, La)
3. Rose DiGerolamo (8-31-1904, bap. Lebeau, La - 5-14-1995, Neptune City, NJ)
4. Jennie DiGerolamo (11-28-1905, Baton Rouge, La - 1-12-1979, Baton Rouge, La)
5. Anna DiGerolamo (12-15-1907, La - 8-14-1954, Tonica, Il)
6. Josephine DiGerolamo (8-7-1909, Scotlandville, La - 10-6-2010, Middleboro, Ma)
7. Mary DiGerolamo (2-28-1911, La - 1985, Catulla, Tx)
8. Frances Veronica DiGerolamo (8-10-1914, Baton Rouge, La - 9-18-2003, Baton Rouge, La)
9. Joseph A. DiGerolamo (7-31-1917, Baton Rouge, La - 1-31-1987, Baton Rouge, La)
10. Teresa "Tim" Alice DGerolamo (6-14-1919, Baton Rouge, La - 6-18-2004, Baton Rouge, La)
11. John Francis DGerolamo (11-11-1924, Baton Rouge, La - 9-22-1973, Paris, France)
Website by Steve D'Gerolamo . Family details courtesy of Tony Domino. Please feel free to contact me directly, firstname.lastname@example.org , with any additions or corrections.