D'Gerolamo Family Reunion - 2012
(alt spellings - DiGerolamo & Gerolamo)
Our grandparents, Bastianna Bess Roppolo (from Roccamena, Sicily) and Frank DiGerolamo (from Salaparuta, Sicily) immigrated to the US in 1897 and 1892 respectively. They married on Jan 6, 1901 and settled in Plaquemine (Louisiana). In 1910, they purchased 50 acres of land from Dr. Morgan in Baton Rouge where they farmed cotton and ran a small grocery store. The 50 acres (at Perkins Rd and Essen Lane) was sold off to developers in the 80's and is now the site of the Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Hospital.
Frank & Bess D'Gerolamo (with Carl and Tony). All of the 11 D'Gerolamo children were born in the US.
There are likely many other cousins here the states. Bess Roppolo had a sister (Mary) who married Joseph Domino and there has been extensive genealogy charting done for the Domino branch of the family tree (thanks to Tony Domino who was in attendance at our 2012 reunion).
Frank D'Gerolamo (or DiGerolamo) had a brother (2nd from right) who also had 11 children. This brother may have spelled his name DiGirolamo as I have found numerous potential relatives with this last name here in the US.
Frank DiGerolamo also had a sister, Anna DiGerolamo DiPuma, who lived in Baton Rouge. She had several children and died in 1964 at the age of 82. My family was close to the DiPuma's as they lived on Perkins Road across the street from us and Aunt Frances. The DiPuma and Roppolo Family trees should also be considered as part of the DiGerolamo genealogy.
Frank DiGerolamo (photo taken streetside, 1930's)
Census - 1930 (note - Carl and Tony were deleted as they were not living in the family "abode" at that time (click photo for larger view)
Standing (left to right) - Tony, Father, Rose and Carl
Seated (left to right) - Mother (holding Joe), Anna, Frances, Mary, Josie & Jennie
1967 Family Reunion Photo (Baton Rouge)
Standing (left to right) - Tony, John, Josie, Joe and Carl
Seated (left to right) - Rose, Tim, Jennie, Mary and Frances
D'Gerolamo Family members at the St. Joseph Day alter (Joe & Mary's home -1978)
Josie, Frances, Rose and Tim
Tim, Josie and Frances
- Frank DiGerolamo (1876-1940)
- Bess Roppolo DiGerolamo (1880-1954)
11 Brothers and Sisters
1. Carl & Mary D'Gerolamo (CA) - Bess, Frank & Nicholas
2. Tony & Lena D'Gerolamo (Baton Rouge, LA) - Bess, Angie Mae, Mary Alice & Frank
3. Rose & Carl Monachello (Rockford, IL) - Cyril
4. Jennie & Nick DiBattista (Chicago, IL) - Nunzio, Pat & Richard
5. Josie & Dominic Alongie (Rockford, IL) - Barbara & Judy
6. Anna & Tony Villani (Rockford, IL) - James (Jimmy)
7. Mary & Rex McIntyre (TX)
8. Joe & Mary D'Gerolamo (Baton Rouge, LA) - Joseph, Richard, Annette, Robert Dale, Marsha, David, and Laura
9. Frances & Buck Spedale (Baton Rouge, IL) - Charles (CL), Carmen, Dolores, Hilda, and Donna
10. Teresa (Tim) & Charlie Maggio (Baton Rouge, IL) - Audrey & Edward
11. John & Joan D'Gerolamo (NJ) - Steve, Diane, Mark and Matthew
Website by Steve D'Gerolamo